A. You starting from a fresh copy and have nothing to backup from the previous version, in this case this tutorial is not for you .
B. You are using a project workspace packed by default with MESA.
C. You have created a custom project workspace for your mod project
The easier and the safer way to update from mesa 2.0.1 to 2.1
1. Go at the location of the MESA installation directory
2. Rename the folder from c:/MESA to c:/MESA_201
3. Extract mesa 2.1 on your drive it could be that: “c:/MESA”
4. Go to c:/mesa_201/projects/ and accordingly to the context follow the sub sections :
B. Default projects workspace
Example for source filmmaker :
1. Open the c:/mesa201/projects/sourcefilmmaker/
2. Copy modelsrc, materialsrc and scenes directories, to c:/mesa/projects/sourcefilmmaker/
3. You can now, edit the mesa/mesa_config.bat and execute the batch file with run as administrator.
4. Run as administrator the batch : c:/mesa/projects/sourcefilmmaker/source_filmmaker.bat
5. Run maya, and set the project to c:/mesa/projects/sourcefilmmaker/
6. Now test out the new version and if there is no special issue with this version, you can delete c:/MESA_201/
7. Enjoy ;)
C. Custom projects workspace
The most easiest thing you could do is to apply the change I made to the batch file at the root of your project workspace. the changes i had done are just for a better reading of the Variables paths.
Now test out the new version and if there is no special issue with this version, you can delete c:/MESA_201/.
That’s all folks!