A. You starting from a fresh copy and have nothing to backup from the previous version, in this case this tutorial is not for you .
B. You are using a project workspace packed by default with MESA.
C. You have created a custom project workspace for your mod project[/bluequote]
The easier and the safer way to update from mesa 2.0.1 to 2.1
1. Go at the location of the MESA installation directory
2. Rename the folder from c:/MESA to c:/MESA_201
3. Extract mesa 2.1 on your drive it could be that: “c:/MESA”
4. Go to c:/mesa_201/projects/ and accordingly to the context follow the sub sections :
B. Default projects workspace
Example for source filmmaker :
1. Open the c:/mesa201/projects/sourcefilmmaker/
2. Copy modelsrc, materialsrc and scenes directories, to c:/mesa/projects/sourcefilmmaker/
3. You can now, edit the mesa/mesa_config.bat and execute the batch file with run as administrator.
4. Run as administrator the batch : c:/mesa/projects/sourcefilmmaker/source_filmmaker.bat
5. Run maya, and set the project to c:/mesa/projects/sourcefilmmaker/
6. Now test out the new version and if there is no special issue with this version, you can delete c:/MESA_201/
7. Enjoy ;)
C. Custom projects workspace
The most easiest thing you could do is to apply the change I made to the batch file at the root of your project workspace. the changes i had done are just for a better reading of the Variables paths.
Now test out the new version and if there is no special issue with this version, you can delete c:/MESA_201/.
That’s all folks!