Go ”’Top Menu > Window > preferences\Settings > Categories > Settings”’
- The ”’Up Axis”’ in Source engine is the Z axis
- The Unit system in Source engine is based on the Inch system ( 1 Unit = 1 inch )
- Game usually use a frame rate ratio of 30 frames by seconds (NTSC) 60 FPS is a HD Frame Rate settings
As we have extracted the WorkSpace.mel f ile on the root directory of our Mod_source .
We will be able to set tell to maya to work on that specific location.
On the Maya top menu, File > Project > Set.
Choose the directory where your mod_source is located.
Just select the folder, and click on “Set”
Setup the Grid
Source engine is based on Inch measure system, and personnaly i prefer to have a grid that fit with the metric system.
1.Go ”’Top Menu > Window > preferences\Settings > Categories > Settings”’ and be sure that Inchs is the default value of Working Unit system.
Now we got a model to properly scale, but the grid is by default very small. The default the unit system is set to centimeter and the grid option are set on 1 line by unit, This mean that each square as a side of 1 centimeter.
To properly scale your model we have to adjust the Grid Settings before.
2. Go Top Menu > Display > Grid > and Click on the box, to open the setting panel
|Inches to Meters|
|1 meter||10 meters|
|39.3700 inches||393.70 inches|
3. What we want is a Grid line every 1 meter , so enter 39.37 inch
4. If you want to divide 1 meter by 4 or by 10, you can add a subdivision
- Four subdivisions = one line every 25 centimeters
- Ten subdivisions = one line every 10 centimeters
5. You can change the color of the subdivisions