Archive Content overview
Into the Mesa Archive file, you will find all the components to make the full installation
– Maya/version/Maya.env ( a copy of the maya Environment variable definition). Very important.
ModName_Source/Workspace.mel ( it is the right path for the scripts, scenes, images etc..) so maya project will fit with your ”’ModName_Source”’ folder.
– /Modelsrc/ where the smd and ac will be exported
– /Materialsrc/ where the TGA must be stored.
– /Scenes/ where you must save your scenes. this is very important! The generation of the Smd and QC path will follow the structure of the scenes directory, for the modelsrc directory.
– /mesa/ Where the script are stored with the project. if properly set into the Workspace.mel, the Script path is not requires into the Maya.env data.
/ModName_source/ directory do not contains a gameinfo.txt, this is also very important for the exporters to compiles and converts the assets. If a gameinfo.txt is into that folder, the compiler will output the mdl and VTF, VMT file into the models and materials folders of the ModName_Source and not into the Vproject ( the project will the asset for “ModName” sourcemod)
A Maya Scene, “/scenes/props/cube.mb“ is here to show you how the model is properly setted to be correctly exported
The folder contains the mod with the compiled assets.
–/models/ contains the mdl.
–/materials/ contain the VTF and VMTs
Before to compile an assets the destination folder must be created, in “/ModName/materials/” and “/ModName/models/“.