This step resumes how to set and use the texture maps (Diffuse , Normal and alpha ) .
- If your model already got a shader assigned, you must be sure that all shaders used on your model are Phong E shader type.
- Select the object or the polygons
- Hold on the Right click and Assign New Materials
Save your scene to scene folder
Use a TGA format texture map into the Color Channel .
Select your model and display the MESA shelf, and click on the “VMT Attributes” icon (add attributes).
Add VMT Attributes
This operation will add some attributes on the main node of your object in the attribute editor, into extra attributes section.
The normal map must to be added into the Bump Mapping channel of the phongE shader.
You have two choices :
- Use the alpha channel of the color texture map.
- Use a Mask texture in the transparency channel.
Don’t forget to check the extra attributes if you are using the transparency.
VertexLitGeneric : the type of shader that source engine handle to display the models materials.
nocull : the polygons will be displayed as Double Sided polygons
alphatest : will activate the alpha channel of your color texture map, and set the $alphatest command to 1 in the VMT file.
nonice : …
nomip : no mipmaps texture when VTEX convert the TGA into the VTF format.
|Guide Index||Previous Stage (1)||Current Stage (2)||Next Stage (3)||Stage 4||Stage 5||Stage 6|
|Export Guide Index||Preparing the scene||Shading||Layering||Collision and Ragdoll Setup||Cleaning the scene||Export the assets|